Tuesday, October 5, 2010

.the life of ness.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO

here is an update on my awesome life.

i am now 24 weeks and 5 days pregnant. the doctor let me switch my due date from january 23 to january 21. i was soooo ecstatic about this!!

my boy has had quite the attitude the last couple of days. today whenever he has been awake, it's been non stop kicking. and yesterday i could feel him pushing his head against my sides, ALL DAY. not a fun experience. so i called up his dad and talked to him for a bit and he calmed right down. which makes me want to rethink the decision i made to not really be in a relationship with him anymore. i'm having a really hard time knowing for certain if i'm doing the right thing by slowly working my way to being just friends with my son's dad and the two of us raising him as two friends. i'm not nearly annoyed or irritated by things he does now that we aren't an actual couple. probably because i don't expect as much out of him. i don't know. it's going to be three more weeks before i have to talk to him in person, so we will see.

i cry a lot, crave chocolate and orange julius, and can't survive the day without cinnamon in the morning. as the morning sickness starts going away, the more normal my pregnancy becomes. cravings and emotions are getting worse. which i will take gladly over the constant nausea. although sometimes i freak out without having anything to really be upset about, and i'm really easily offended.

there is someone who has come back into my life from high school and i can't get over how much them being there is helping me. i love that i can talk to this person about anything. and they look at me for who i am, not as a pregnant version of vanessa that everyone else does. it's so crazy how people start looking at and treating you differently when they see you're pregnant. and not always in a bad way. it's just super nice to have someone to talk to about ANYTHING in the world without my baby being brought up unless i do so myself.

i'm getting bigger every day! sooo crazy and tough for me, but with all the emotions, cravings, and body changes, i still LOVE being pregnant and can't wait till he's actually here in my arms.

that's about it!

2 comments:

Liz said...

Coming from me, who broke up with Jon 5 times over a period of 2 years before we got married (once for 9 months), relationships seriously suck! When I was with him, there were so many doubts. When I wasn't, it seemed like he was the perfect one for me. Bleh bleh bleh. I wouldn't take back one single break up though---we needed every one to grow up by ourselves for a while.
Anyway, I'm amazed that you love pregnancy. I hate it--mostly because it all grosses me out. i want to deliver natural just because I hear it helps you bond with the baby more, and I think I need all the help I can get (I'm such a horrible person!)
So I know this was supposed to be a comment and not a post, but oh well. I love your blog. And I hope the high school friend your talking about is Christie, because i love you two!

Ness and Shad said...

liz! you are not a horrible person. believe me. you were like my mom for an entire week of my life. and i can assure you me and christie loved you soooo stinkin much (and we still do)! you're going to be an amazing mom. i promise.