Thursday, May 12, 2011

in with the new.

so. this is going to be my personal blog from now on. cause i started a family blog for shadoe, chance, and i! i will pretty much just share thoughts about life, and how i'm feeling about the direction my life is going. here is the link for the family blog!


so check it out if you'd like. :)

I was looking through random blogs and stumbled upon a quote by audrey hepburn. it says...

"For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run their fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.
People, more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.
As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others."

I absolutely LOVE those words!! I find even for me, I too often think of myself more than others. I especially get irritated when Chance wants to play with my hair.. haha such an interesting line to stand out to me. If it means I will have beautiful hair, he can play with it all he wants! I really hope I can incorporate that quote into my daily life... one bit at a time. I'm almost certain that by simply having a positive attitude this will be easily achieved.

ANYWAY!
Chance and I finally moved in with Shadoe. and Shadoe and I are FINALLY ENGAGED!!! i'm soooo happy. :D as i slowly get the house decorated to my taste and budget i will post pics and show off my own style.

I'm loving not being a single mom anymore... it was the hardest thing EVER! I know living here is the right thing to do, and the best thing for Chance. He is so cute with his daddy and vice versa. I love watching them snuggle and play. That's the best gift for me as a mother... seeing my child every day with his father-the man that i love.

We are hoping to have the wedding this july... and go on a cruise at the end of august for our honeymoon. I'm so excited to take the next steps in my life over the next couple months. I can't wait!! :)


No comments: