Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Chance Jonathan Stebbins


So... On January 18. 2011, I was sitting at work e-mailing my grandparents back and letting them know that I was going to be induced on January 22. But, the moment I clicked send, CONTRACTION. I didn't think much of it until seven minutes later when... CONTRACTION. This had happened several times before so I wrote down the times as usual and just let it slipped my mind. Then ten minutes later, contraction. Seven minutes. Seven minutes, ten minutes. SIX CONTRACTIONS between 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm. I didn't realize just how much pain I would really be in, because one or two never really bothered me. Luckily my boss came in to drop off pay checks. I felt terrible because there was a customer there when he came in, but I was in far too much pain to try to sell anything. After the customer left I told my boss I was having contractions and asked if I could leave. He said YES! please do! I instantly clocked out and left. I called my mom and told her what was happening. I asked her if I should just go to the hospital or come home and call to see if they wanted me to come in.. she told me to get my butt to the hospital. So I did. I got there just in time. The contractions were getting sooooo strong I could barely walk. I started bawling the second I walked through the labor and delivery doors. They sent me to a room to get checked, and I was told I was still only dilated to a three (like I was the day before). I thought... great. they're just going to send me home to wait. But after the RN talked to my doctor... she came back in and told me I would be having my baby boy!! I was SOOOO happy. I had been wanting him to come either that day or the day before. I called Shadoe and told him and he was on his way!! I had arrived at the hospital at 2:30, received my epidural at 5:30, and the doctor broke my water at 6:30. Epidural's are AMAZING. Haha. After I got mine, life was a party. I had my two besties with me and Shadoe was on his way! Christie even did my make up so I would look pretty during the whole process. The best part was not feeling anymore contractions. Super great. Shadoe and his mom got there at 9:00 and I was sooo happy to see him. Then, at 11:00 pm the doctor came in and we started pushing. He stayed for a couple pushes and then left. But, He was back a short 20ish minutes later. I'm a GREAT pusher... what can I say? Chance Jonathan Stebbins arrived shortly later at 11:42 pm on January 18, 2011. The doctor was extremely impressed with how fast he came out. Especially after he heard how big Chance was! Chance was a whopping 9 lbs 11 oz and 21 1/2 inches long. My little chubbers. I love him sooo much!! Here he is just a few hours old!

SOOO much hair. LOVE it.

Our Little Happy Family. ♥

SUPER happy mom and dad. :)
Take Home Outfit!!
Better too big than too small.



Our visitors at the hospital were Grandma Sherry, Grandma Sylvia, Grandpa Thom, Aunt Jenna, Aunt Hales, Aunt Christie, Uncle Sean, Aunt Wendy, Aunt Corrina, Aunt Lyn and Uncle Jim, Aunt Valorie, Jessica, Jessi, Tina, Brooke, Justin, Abby Acton, Becca Pearson, Melissa Ann, Lisa Brindley... and now I wish I had written everyone down!

I love my handsome baby boy!!

No comments: