Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'M READY!!!!!

for him to be here already!!!

i am becoming so impatient. it feels like i still have FOREVER until he is born, which i absolutely HATE. i'm ready to hold him; everyone is saying,"you say that now... but just wait". well all i am waiting for is him to arrive healthy and happy in my arms and give me that look of "i love you, your my mother" that i give my mom sometimes. i can't wait for that moment, i'm ready for it.

i know i ONLY have like 65 days left, but that's two whole months. luckily i will have thanksgiving, christmas, new years, AND my birthday to help speed it up. but in the mean time i have made a list of "mom-like" things that i really want to do, and hopefully that will help more than the holiday season. so, here it is.

1. make a little baby quilt. i hate sewing, but i feel like it would be a nice gift to my baby boy, especially if it ends up being his FAVORITE blanket. :)
2. make my own UDDERCOVER. haha i love the name of these; they are nice little covers for breast feeding. my aunt ashleigh has one and she LOVES it, so hopefully it will work just as great for me! (more sewing... i know.)
3. go through all my belongings and DE-JUNK and ORGANIZE. i feel like i do this ALL THE TIME, but since me and the baby will be sharing a room, i really need to just detach myself from really silly things.
4. get in the habit of reading the scriptures and praying every night. this is something i want my son to ALWAYS remember me doing. i want him to know that even though i'm not perfect, i still love the gospel of christ soooo much. i want to be that example to him.
5. go on a daily walk. i LOVED being outside as a kid so i want him to have the experience of being outside playing every day like i did.
6. MAKE my sister's christmas present this year. she is turning her living room from blues to greens so i REALLY REALLY want to make something for her. i can't give anymore detail cause i know she reads this sometimes!
7. put together the family christmas card. thank goodness for photoshop skills i acquired in college... plus many trial and errors... i'm positive i can make a great one now!

and that's about it! doesn't seem like much, but for the procrastinator i am, it is! haha.

No comments: