Saturday, September 18, 2010

nineteen and pregnant.


as of today, i am 21 weeks and 7 days pregnant. boy oh boy do i love my unborn baby boy more than anything in this world.
it's crazy to think that had i not decided to postpone the wedding, i would be marrying his father in about 3 hours. but i know i made the right decision, and i honestly have no regrets. i want to provide all i am capable of for my son and that is why the decision was made to wait. so i could go to school and get a tech degree to be able to provide for him. it's so crazy how fast you can grow up when you find out you are pregnant. i honestly believe my priorities are in the correct order for the first time in my life. 1. the gospel. 2. my son. 3. schooling. and honestly, those 3 things are all i'm worried about.
just last week i thought i missed college life. staying up late, partying, not taking care of anyone but myself. i thought that until i took a trip for the weekend to see my old roommates. but come 10:00 PM on last friday evening, all i could think about was drinking a big glass of water, doing my nightly routine, and getting the rest i need to let my body nourish my unborn son. i was shocked. because i was so devastated just the day before because all i could think about was how i wasn't going to be able to go to a party or a bonfire and see all my friends from college.
but the truth is, i don't miss it one bit. not anymore. i'm so thankful that i was determined to take that trip. because until then, i wasn't sure that i was ready. but i know i am now.
he is my pride and joy, and i'm so happy i am bringing him into this world.
it's crazy how fast life can hit you. i'm so happy i have a personality where i know to make the best of everything that happens.

1 comment:

The Sharp's (mostly Mindy) said...

We love you and this will be the hardest but best thing that you will ever do!